Beef Hot Pot
- Prep: 20 mins
- Cook: 1 hour, 30 mins
- Cut: Brisket
- 500g lean diced beef or lamb casserole meat such as beef chuck, blade steak or boneless lamb
- 420g can baked beans
- ½ small swede or kumara, peeled and cubed
- 2 carrots, peeled and chopped
- 1 onion, peeled and chopped
- 2 Tbsp tomato purée
- 1¼ cups water
- 2 large potatoes, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1 tsp oil
- Pre-heat the oven to 180°C.
- In a large casserole dish, mix together the meat, beans, swede or kumara, carrots, onion and tomato purée.
- Stir the water into the casserole mix.
- Cover and cook at 180°C for ½ hour.
- Remove the casserole from the oven and top with sliced potatoes, brushed with oil.
- Return to the oven, uncovered for 1 hour. Serve with seasonal vegetables.
Try these next…